Have your kids just started school? If you are a stay at home mum, or dad, we have some great ideas to keep your mind off the kids between drop-off and pick-up.
When the last child in the family starts school some parents struggle to find things to keep themselves active and enthused.
It is a big transition from being full-time mum, or dad, to being a parent of school children.
Instead of you, and your little ones spending the days together, now they are learning new things without you with a school teacher for the majority of the day.
Sometimes the time between 9am and 3pm can seem like a decade, so instead of sitting around twiddling your thumbs get involved in some new activities to keep your mind active and off your children. You deserve it after all!
Check out the list below and see what options excite you!
1. Grow your own veggie patch.
2. Cook up a storm! Try out a selection of our great recipes.
3. Look at what your local library has to offer.
4. Visit a beautiful open garden.
5. Find a new job to keep you busy.
6. Turn the hobby you love into a business.
7. Try your hand at interior decorating.
8. Learn something new.
9. AcroYoga – the new fitness trend.
10. Organise a community party.
11. Enjoy one of your favourite fables at GOMA.
12. Enjoy a relaxing massage.
13. Keep your family safe and create a first aid kit for your home.
14. Align your goals and make a vision board.
15. Find some new TV shows to watch.
16. Get the household chores under control so you can spend the weekend with your kids.
17. Get a health check-up.
18. Try out cycling for fitness.
19. Start training for the inaugural ANZAC day run.
20. Host a delectable high-tea.
What do you do when the kids are all at school? Share your ideas with us.