South Sydney’s Adam Reynolds says the lack of consistency from NRL officials in regard to the obstruction rules is confusing players and coaches.

South Sydney’s Adam Reynolds believes players and coaches across the NRL are bewildered at interpretations of the obstruction rule from referees.

Both the Rabbitohs and North Queensland were crying foul at tries awarded against them on Friday when defending players were impeded by decoy runners.

Souths coach Michael Maguire was seething at the decision to allow Corey Thompson’s crucial 68th-minute four-pointer in his side’s 15-14 loss to Canterbury after John Sutton was prevented from making a tackle by Josh Reynolds.

Three hours later at Gosford, Cowboys coach Paul Green was equally disgusted when a late Kieran Foran try was given the green light despite hooker Ray Thompson being blatantly obstructed by Sea Eagles utility Jamie Buhrer.

It compounded a miserable night for Green’s side, who slumped to a fifth loss of the season, going down 26-21.

Souths halfback Reynolds believes the number of new rule changes and tweaks this season have made it difficult to adapt but said there was a feeling of real injustice after Thompson’s try.

“It’s tough, we thought Johnny was impeded,” Reynolds told AAP on Saturday.

“He definitely stood in his path to stop him making the tackle. We all thought that was against the rules.”

The NRL have worked hard this year to roll out a series of rule changes and this week announced a crackdown on players being put in a dangerous position in lifting tackles.

But Reynolds has questioned whether there’s too much change in such a short space of time.

“I personally think there is too many changes going on at once,” he said.

“I’m all in favour of the game evolving and it’s good that we’re trying to pick up new things. But we’re having to adapt a bit as we go and that’s hard.”

Souths had plenty of walking wounded after the Bulldogs game with Joe Picker (ribs), Api Koroisau (shoulder), Kyle Turner (head) and Sam Burgess (hand) all receiving treatment on Saturday morning.

Burgess was also feeling the effects of a slight hamstring strain and his left hand was heavily strapped at the team’s recovery session but said he was confident of being fit to face Brisbane next Friday.