Canberra United have qualified for the W-League playoffs with a 5-1 thrashing of Perth Glory.

Canberra United have snared the final ticket on offer to the W-League playoffs with a thumping 5-1 victory over Perth Glory.

The team from the nation’s capital were unconvincing for lengthy periods against the erratic Glory, despite holding a two-goal margin thanks to first-half strikes from Ellie Brush and Caitlin Munoz.

A late flourish from Canberra blew out the scoreline with Georgia Yeoman-Dale scoring two quick goals as United fell one short of a club-record goal tally.

“We wanted to set ourselves up for the finals and this win today did it nicely so this result is very important for us,” said Canberra midfielder Munoz.

“We are gelling together well at the right part of the season.”

Despite two rounds of the season still remaining, Canberra’s win confirmed the semi-final line-up with Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory and Brisbane Roar holding down the top-three positions.

Matildas star Lisa De Vanna turned in another virtuoso performance by netting a hat-trick and setting up another for Steph Catley as Melbourne Victory returned to form to score a 4-1 triumph at the expense of the Newcastle Jets.

After losing top spot to Sydney FC last weekend, albeit only on goal difference, the Victory overwhelmed the winless Jets on Saturday, racing to a four-goal lead inside the hour mark before Rhali Dobson collected a consolation for the home side.

Sydney FC continue to hold off Victory at the summit but it took a last-gasp winner to end the challenge of competition surprise-packets Adelaide United.

Teenage fullback Amy Harrison was the unlikely source of the pivotal goal five minutes into injury time after Adelaide’s Kristy Moore had earlier cancelled out the opener by the league’s top goalscorer Jodie Taylor.

Brisbane Roar recovered from their club record 4-0 loss against Sydney FC to return to the winners’ circle in holding off a strong challenge from Western Sydney Wanderers 3-2.

The ever-dangerous Tameka Butt provided a moment of inspiration with seven minutes remaining to find the winner after the teams had shared four first-half goals.