RACQ has released its annual list of the worst suburbs for home theft.
If you live in a suburb within the 4109 postcode, we’ve got bad news for you — you’re at the top of a list that no one wants to be on.
According to RACQ’s report, Macgregor, Robertson, Sunnybank and Sunnybank Hills are the Brisbane suburbs most likely to be hit by a break-in.
The report found that most robbers (38 per cent) will force open a door to gain access, while 33 per cent enter through a broken window.
17 per cent, however, enter through open or unlocked doors.
RACQ executive manager insurance communications Mike Sopinski urged people to put more thought into their security.
“Unfortunately many householders are making it easy for thieves to enter their home, by leaving doors and windows open or unlocked,” he said.
Brisbane’s 10 worst postcodes for break-ins
- 4109 (Macgregor, Robertson, Sunnybank, Sunnybank Hills)
- 4113 (Eight Mile Plains, Runcorn)
- 4077 (Doolandella, Durack, Inala, Richlands)
- 4133 (Chambers Flat, Logan Reserve, Waterford, Waterford West)
- 4118 (Browns Plains, Forestdale, Heritage Park, Hillcrest, Regents Park)
- 4116 (Calamvale, Drewvale, Stretton)
- 4506 (Moorina, Morayfield)
- 4207 (Alberton, Bahrs Scrub, Bannockburn, Beenleigh, Cedar Creek, Eagleby, Edens Landing, Holmview, Logan Village, Luscombe, Mount Warren Park, Stapylton, Steiglitz, Windaroo, Wolffdene, Woongoolba, Yarrabilba, Yatala)
- 4159 (Birkdale)
- 4020 (Newport, Redcliffe, Scarborough)
Is your postcode on the list? What do you do to deter thieves? Let us know in the comments below!