Heading into the city on Sunday? You may want to rethink your route.
If you’re one of the lucky few who scrounged a ticket to the Eat Street Markets on the Story Bridge on Sunday, or will be going into our beautiful CBD for a day of fun, the helpful Brisbane City Council has some advice for you.
Earlier today, the Council advised that the Story Bridge will be fully closed to all traffic on Sunday 5th July between the hours of 4am and 7pm, for the Story Bridge 75 event.
Traffic along approach routes to the Story Bridge and in surrounding suburbs will be affected by road closures and traffic diversions.
Motorists are encouraged to plan their travel ahead to avoid delays north and south of the bridge.
Traffic can travel via the Captain Cook Bridge or use the Clem7 Tunnel to cross the river. Tolls will not apply for the Clem7 Tunnel during the road closure times.
Motorists are advised that there will be no passenger drop off zones for this event other than for persons with a disability.
Free public transport is available for those attending the event, more information available at www.brisbane.qld.gov.au.
Tow away areas will be established in the following locations:
- Wickham St, Fortitude Valley
- Bowen Tce, Fortitude Valley
- River Tce, Kangaroo Point
- Main St, Kangaroo Point (near Rotherham St)
- Hope St, South Brisbane
Motorists are encouraged to check signs prior to parking. Vehicles parked in tow away areas will be towed by the Queensland Police Service.
Road closures and traffic diversions shall be under the control of the Queensland Police Service, Traffic Controllers and the State Emergency Service with signage will be in place to direct motorists, as required.
The following traffic diversions will be in place south of the Story Bridge:
- Shafston Ave traffic will need to travel via the Clem7 Tunnel (toll free) to cross the river. Remaining inbound traffic on Shafston Ave will be diverted left into Main St to access Stanley St.
- Main St traffic travelling north towards the Story Bridge shall be diverted left onto River Tce.
- Local Streets accessing Main St, Kangaroo Point between Linton and Quinton Streets will not be permitted to turn right onto Main St. Left turn only.
- River Tce traffic travelling north towards the Story Bridge will be diverted right onto Main St.
- Access to St Vincent’s Hospital (Mt Olivet), Saint Mary’s Church and to the Kangaroo Point Precinct under the bridge will be via the riverside lane of River Tce only.
- Access out of the Kangaroo Point Precinct shall be via Deakin St only.
The following traffic diversions will be in place north of the Story Bridge:
- Kemp Pl between the Story Bridge and Ann St
- Brunswick St between Ann St and McLachlan St (northbound lanes only) access from Ann St maintained.
- Martin St between Harrison Lane and Kemp Place (access for local residents, QLD Fire and Rescue and Disabled persons)
- Bowen Tce between Martin St and Malt St (access for local residents, QLD Fire and Rescue and Disabled persons)
- McLachlan St between Brunswick Stand Kemp Pl
- Marshall St between Ann St and McLachlan St
- Ivory St (Valley Side) between Harrison Lane and Brunswick St (one way only from Harrison to Brunswick)
- Ivory St between Harrison Lane and Kemp Pl (full closure)
- Ivory St (City Side) between Boundary St and Kemp Pl
- Gipps St between Ann St and Barry P (access to Ann St via Barry Pde and Gotha St)
- Ann St between Kemp Pl and Boundary – two lane closure (Bridge Side)
Access to the Ivory St Tunnel from the CBD (Adelaide St Boundary St) and from Brunswick St will be maintained
Disability passenger set down and pick up zones will be available at these locations, for vehicles displaying a current Disability Parking Permit: North – Bowen Tce – access via Brunswick St, Martin St (through closure at Harrison Lane) and then turn left onto Bowen Tce South – Main St, between Scott and Rotherham streets (Story Bridge side). Access via River Tce
For further information on road closures please visit www.brisbane.qld.gov.au or call the Brisbane City Council on 34038888.