Brisbane’s City Hall is alive with magical projections every 15 minutes from 7.30pm to midnight on now until 24 December, but there are a few things about the event that you might not know…
Inspired by the Land of Snow in The Nutcracker, the show—complete with an enchanting collection of Christmas characters and toys—will surely amaze you as our heroine, Clara, returns and embarks on a quest to find the magical Christmas tree in time to break the evil Mouse Queen’s curse.
Some quirky facts about the show:
- The City Hall clock tower will signal the start of the show
- City Hall was surveyed to create the Gold Lotto City Hall Light Spectacular
- The survey ensured the light show would complement City Hall’s ornate detailing
- 3D modelling techniques were used to produce the backbone architectural templates for the animation
- The design is unique to the City Hall and won’t be seen anywhere else!
- The initial pre-production phase alone took over two months
- The design was created by The Electric Canvas studio
- The Land of Snow in The Nutcracker is an enchanted forest wonderland with dancing snowflakes. See how many characters you can spot!