Can’t wait until December 17 to make your journey back to Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and R2-D2? Have some spare cash and a few days to go on an adventure in search of some Jedi-powered goodness to tide you over? Disney World in Florida has just the thing for you.
To tie in with their Star Wars Weekends unfolding from May 15 to June 14, the park will be opening a pop-up restaurant to serve all hungry Jedis.
Named Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience and said by the park to be “a known hangout of Rebel pilots, aliens, bounty hunters, and smugglers”, there will be a variety of extremely punny dishes on offer, including:
- Crispy Chicken and Waffles = The Dark Fried – served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Chips & Sith with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Ensalada Naboo – seared chicken breast, bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, watermelon radish, almond frica, and a parmesan-peppercorn ranch dressing
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
The Hangar will also have a variety of adult drinks on offer, including:
• Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
• Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
• The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
And don’t forget your dessert to finish off the meal…
- Yoda Key Lime Cake
Peruse the full menu and plan your Star Wars themed food crawl here. May the force be with you.