Monster milkshakes have taken the world by storm, becoming a huge trend for lovers of milkshakes and sweet treats alike.
Now, The Vogue Cafe in Sydney is helping you create your own Decadent Shakes at home, letting your imagination run wild as you create the shakes of your wildest dreams and enjoy the mouth-watering decadence that results.
“Decadent shakes are an expression of the flavours we love to eat, combined into a drink which tastes and look amazing,” say authors Matthew, Sarah and Brendan Aouad.
“If you enjoy the flavours of sweet and salty, get inspired and mix together chocolate with salted caramel and decorate using crisps chips for an added crunch.”
Matthew, Sarah and Brendan Aouad’s Decadent Shakes is out now through New Holland Publishers Australia — try their Infamous Nutella Milkshake recipe now!
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
3 tsp Nutella
1 pump chocolate syrup
200ml (7fl oz) milk
1 chocolate rimmed glass
1 long straw
7 sour worms
7 hazelnuts (skinless and roasted)
1/2 licorice all sorts
1 mini wafer cone
2 pieces of coloured popcorn
Dusting chocolate powder
Whipped cream (to fill 1/4 jar)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix until well combined.
- While the ingredients are blending, cut the end of the wafer cone and dip it into melted chocolate then sprinkles.
- Before pouring the mixture into the glass, create a chocolate rim around the top of the glass.
- Pour the blended mixture into the glass until it is about 2cm away from the rim.
- Place a straw at the back of the glass and fill the remaining space with whipped cream.
- Place the cut and chocolate dipped cone over the straw.
- Scatter the hazelnuts around the rim of the glass.
- Place the sliced licorice pieces in front of the cone.
- Place the coloured popcorn inside the cone and then fill cone with sour worms.
- Sprinkle the finished drink with chocolate powder to just lightly cover the decoration.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!