A delicious banana bread recipe for a quick snack or a delightful breakfast.
Are you looking for a way to jazz up your banana bread? This recipe from Gary Johnson is perfect with a cup of tea or smoothie.
265g (1¾ cups) organic self-raising flour
½ cup raw sugar
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
2 medium ripe organic bananas, mashed
1 egg, lightly beaten
125ml (½ cup) orange juice
60ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
½ cup crushed pistachios
½ cup good honey
1 x Fresh organic banansa
200ml organic natural yoghurt
Grease a 14cm x 2 lcm loaf pan, line base with paper, grease paper.
• Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar, orange rind and bananas.
• Stir in egg, orange juice and oil.
• Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes.
• Stand 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool.
• Cut 2cm thick slices and in a non stick frypan; toast the bread on both sides.
• Serve with a dob of yoghurt, banana mash and drizzle with honey and crushed nuts.
Note; Bread is at its best when freshly made or it can be frozen for 2 months.