If one of your New Year resolutions is to quit smoking then follow these 20 tips and you will have a better chance of being smoke free by the end of 2014.
1. Write down the reason you need to quit
2. Visualize yourself as a non-smoker
3. Se a date to be smoke free by
4. Make your house and car a smoke free zone
5. Get support from friends and family
6. Quit with someone else for moral support
7. Don’t freak out if you get a cough
8. Start by cutting back then gradually not smoking at all
9. Throw away every cigarette pack, holder, lighter, ash trays etc. that you own.
10. Talk to someone who has quit successfully for advice
11. Avoid places you might be tempted like bars or clubs.
12. Give yourself a reward when you reach a milestone ( 1 month smoke free – buy yourself a nice outfit with the money you have saved)
13. Talk to your doctor for advice
14. Keep busy – start a new hobby, avoid being bored or you will feel like you should smoke.
15. Avoid smoking trigger like alcohol and coffee
16.Try nicotine replacement therapy
17. Exercise more – you will feel better and avoid gaining weight
18. Don’t be disheartened by failing or slipping up
19. Investigate the use of some medications
20. NEVER GIVE UP
What are your tips to quit smoking ?