What will the fitness trends be in 2014? If you’re looking for a new way to get fit, check out the latest ways people are getting moving.
Every year people are looking for new ways to improve their fitness and well-being.
Some fitness trends catch on and before you know it everyone has tried it.
In 2013 it was Pilates and Zumba, now in 2014 there are a range of fitness trends everyone will be talking about.
Many New Year’s resolutions will have something to do with fitness, getting is shape or just working on your summer body. With obesity on the rise and those holiday kilos piling up, there is not better-time to get on board with one or more of the hottest fitness trends in 2014. Some of the trends on our list have been around for a while but there are some new trends that you might be keen to try.
1. High intensity interval training -Bursts of activity with short rest intervals
2. Personal training
3. Strength training
4. Fitness programs for the elderly
6. Body weight training – using your own body weight as form of resistance training.
9. Workplace health and fitness courses.
11. Functional fitness – using everyday activities like walking up stairs to improve fitness.
15. A focus on Children’s fitness
Many of these trends we have seen before but some are new and even a little strange so give them a go and let us know what you think of them.
What do you think will be a fitness trend in 2014? Let us know and we will ad it to our list.