A man involved in an overnight siege on the Gold Coast has been taken into custody without incident.
A man involved in an overnight siege on the Gold Coast has been taken into custody.
The man had been barricaded inside his home at Greenacre Drive in Parkwood since Friday afternoon.
Police say he was taken into custody just after 9am Saturday without incident.
Greenacre Drive has since reopened.
Nobody else was inside the home and the man posed no threat to others, police said.
An emergency situation was declared just after 5pm on Friday after a receiving reports the man was making threats.
Police said the circumstances of the incident were mental-health related.
* Anyone seeking support and information about suicide prevention can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467