It didn’t take long for the repeal of the carbon tax to start trending on Twitter. Here’s what they’re saying.
INITIAL TWITTER REACTION TO CARBON TAX REPEAL:
* Holmes Mclovin: Irony is that it’s only the conservatives that can afford the beachfront property. Enjoy scuba diving in your back yards.
* @clinteas: “It was cold in Brisbane on Saturday”, therefore climate change is wrong. Quality of debate in AUS senate from govt side. No words.
* @SteveMcKrosky: Oh my God, The temperature is rising already
* Jeremy de Korte: Abbott Science war – Science Ministry & Minister – gone,CSIRO – de-funded BoM findings – discredited, Carbon Tax – repealed
* Gusface: Stop calling them Climate Deniers/Sceptics.. THEY ARE POLLUTION LOVERS
* Palmer United Party Senator Glenn Lazarus: The CARBON TAX is GONE and Palmer United has ENSURED that the cost savings will be PASSED on to Australians
* Greens Senator Penny Wright: Dear children & grandchildren, I am sorry. We did our very best. But we will continue to work & work for your future.
* Liberal Party director Brian Loughnane: The Carbon Tax has gone! Great news for Australian families, small businesses, jobs & household budgets.
* Education Minister Christopher Pyne: The carbon tax has been abolished. In spite of last year’s election result, @AustralianLabor and @Greens fought it all the way.
* Labor opposition environment spokesman Mark Butler MP: Where Australia was once a world leader, Tony Abbott has made us the world’s laughing stock.
* @ClimateQuotes: We are the forefathers (and mothers) of climate change. Our legacy will echo down the centuries.
* Greens Senator Sarah Hanson-Young: Climate sceptic grubs
* @DaKangaroo: Standby for Abbott to declare July 17th a new national holiday and march a parade down the streets of Sydney.
* @Mikey_Nicholson: So Tony Abbott, if my electricity bills don’t go down instantly, I’ll be knocking on your office door.
* @MiltonFriedmanS: If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.
* @pceebee23 so we a bunch of know nothing drongoes in our senate pushing this country backwards, #auspol thanks for nothing LNP PUP
* @rkjobling: The senate has just voted for a big hole in the budget at the same as they claim we have a #budget #emergency.
* @wollonhill: Aust Senate drops carbon price, in the face of 97% scientific consensus, and with no credible alternative. Hang your heads LNP, PUP.
* Jaylinn Dunlap: I’m sad