Having trouble sleeping? Here are 20 songs that are virtually guaranteed to send you off to dreamland.
It turns out an awful lot of people are sleeping with Ed Sheeran.
The data geeks at Spotify have crunched the numbers on roughly 2.8 million “sleep-themed” playlists to come up with a conclusive list of the 20 songs most often used to help people fall asleep.
Their findings are probably not all that surprising — the 20 songs are all fairly, well, boring.
They’re all tracks that definitely won’t get your pulse racing, or elicit any other responses that might stop you from falling to sleep. So they’re perfect, then.
The list, which is heavy on the Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith tunes, is as follows:
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
- I’m Not The Only One – Sam Smith
- Rain For Sleep – Rain Sounds
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Earned It – The Weeknd
- Let Her Go – Passenger
- Skinny Love – Birdy
- Say Something – Christina Aguilera
- FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney
- The A Team – Ed Sheeran
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
- Lay Me Down – Sam Smith
- Fix You – Coldplay
- Photograph – Ed Sheeran
- Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
- Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith
If you’re too sleep-deprived to be bothered putting together your own playlist, you can listen to all 20 tracks here.
Which songs help you fall asleep? Let us know below!