The 4KQ Christmas Lights competition is Brisbane’s biggest Christmas tradition, and is set to be bigger and better than ever in its 28th year!
Each year the 4KQ Christmas Lights competition helps to make Brisbane sparkle during the festive season; and this year 4KQ is making some exciting changes to ensure that the competition continues to grow!
With the growing number of entrants, the judges need to ensure they have enough time to see every house. The competition goes as far north as Caboolture, out west to Ipswich CBD, down south as far as Beenleigh, and as far east as the mainland. No offshore islands are included in the judging area and are ineligible to enter.
The categories have been refreshed, and there’s over $25,000 in cash and prizes to be won! Categories for 2014 include Best Residential North, South, East and West, Best Themed Display, Best Synchronized Lights and Music Display, Best New Entrant, Brisbane’s Best Lighting Display, Best Church or Community Group, Best Townhouse/Unit or Apartment, Commercial A (big business), Commercial B (small business), and of course Best Neighbourhood Display, which has an increased first place prize of $2,000!
As a way to make it easier for you, applications will all be completed online this year, which means you receive instant confirmation of your application. No written, postal and fax entries will be accepted.
Important dates to remember for 2014
- Monday 29 September – Entries open online at 5:30am at 4kq.com.au
- Wednesday 19 November – Entries close at 12pm sharp (sorry, no extensions)
- By Saturday 22 November – Confirmation email sent with preliminary judging times
- Monday 24 to Wednesday 26 November – Preliminary judging round
- Thursday 27 November – Rain judging night
- Friday 28 and Saturday 29 November – Finalist judging nights
- Sunday 30 November – Finalist rain judging night
- Thursday 4 December – Results released live on 4KQ and online at 4kq.com.au
bmag is a proud partner of the 4KQ Christmas lights!