Travelling around the Sunshine State will become easier today as an additional 200 daily train services are introduced as a part of an overhaul of the train timetable.
South-East Queensland will see a large increase in its train services starting today.
Hopefully this will mean less time waiting around for trains and easier travel for train users and tourists.
Transport and Main Roads Minister Scott Emerson said the new timetables were simpler and easier to use, and provided more frequent and consistent services.
“With better planning we are able to deliver better front-line services with an additional 16 morning peak services and 17 more afternoon peak services,” Mr Emerson said.
“We’ve also introduced 15 minute daily off-peak frequency between the CBD and Coopers Plains, Cannon Hill and Northgate. This follows on from our promise to deliver 15 minute frequency on the Ferny Grove line.”
Mr Emerson went on to highlight what the services mean for public transport users in Brisbane.
“This is a big win for public transport users with improved connections between modes, better reliability and more frequent services where passengers need them most.”
It appears none of the new services will be dispatched on the Ipswich/Rosewood line, a busy services especially when school returns. Mr Emerson said the new timetable has been designed to maximise available resources and so that additional services can be added.
Some of the key improvements include:
• More peak Gold Coast services – nine to 12 for AM and 10 to 14 for PM
• More peak Shorncliffe line services – eight to 11 for AM and eight to 12 for PM
• 50 per cent more peak services at some of the Cleveland line’s busiest stations
• More peak services for Beenleigh station – 19 to 24 for AM and 18 to 25 for PM
• 70 per cent peak service increase at some of the Ferny Grove line’s busiest stations
• 15 minute day-time off-peak CBD to Cannon Hill on the Cleveland line
• 15 minute day-time off-peak CBD to Coopers Plains on the Beenleigh line
• 15 minute day-time off-peak CBD to Northgate on the Caboolture line
• An additional peak AM and PM Sunshine Coast service.
Queensland Rail and TransLink have staff monitoring the implementation of the new timetable with hundreds of customer service staff on the network for the next two weeks.
For timetable details visit www.translink.com.au or call 13 12 30.
Read about The Spirit of Queensland train service here.
Do you think the additions will improve public transport wait times?