All the support you’ll need to enjoy your time at Schoolies.
Parents, siblings and mates are often the first port of call if something goes wrong at Schoolies, but there are some relevant contacts that school-leavers should keep on hand during Schoolies’ Week on the Gold Coast:
1. Emergency services – Triple 0 is a number school-leavers shouldn’t feel scared of calling if anything happens at Schoolies. The Queensland Ambulance Service is there to help and will not ‘dob in’ Schoolies who are intoxicated or have used drugs. For mobiles dial 112.
2. The Queensland Police are there to help Schoolies who may find themselves in trouble. The Gold Coast number is 07 5581 2900 and the Surfers Paradise number is 07 5657 6888.
3. Red Frogs (07 3343 8888) are a community organisation with more than 1500 volunteers ready to provide emotional support, pancakes, red frogs, cleaning assistance and a safe walk home to Schoolies.
4. Drug Arm (07 5532 0717) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to reducing harms associated with alcohol and other drug use.
5. Surfers Paradise Day & Night Medical Centre (07 5592 2299) are open 7am to 11pm everyday.
6. Kids Helpline (1800 55 1800) is Australia’s only free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.
7. Keeping a list of accommodation numbers in case you need the address or need to contact the front desk urgently.
8. Taxi numbers will be handy if you find yourself venturing further than Surfers Paradise and need to return sooner than friends.
9. Office of Fair Trading are who you can call if you believe you’re being treated unfairly by your accommodation provider: 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
10. Schoolies hotline 13 QGOV (13 74 68) is for anything Schoolies related, they can help put you on to what you’re looking for or need.