Green Heart Fair is back with a day of green living ideas, live entertainment and fantastic food.
With over 100 exhibitors and displays, the bi-annual sustainability festival will feature ideas and activities for just about everyone, from fashionistas and foodies to green thumbs and little eco-warriors.
Highlights of this year’s festival include:
- Hands-on sustainability workshops for kids and adults, covering everything from keeping bees with Bee One Third to making fertiliser with Claire Bickle.
- Test your sustainability credentials with experts who will be on hand to rate your performance and give you tips on how to live greener.
- Free plants! 2,000 plants will be given away on a first in, first served basis.
- Celebrity chefs will demonstrate how to treat your taste buds sustainably in the Grow. Eat. Live. cooking marquee, including homemade cheese making with Valerie Pearson from Green Living Australia.
- A live Ice Age show, Hunt for the Honeycomb Caves, with Sid and friends.
- An all day kids’ club where kids can interact with Australian wildlife and enjoy rock climbing, bungee jumps, eco crafts and a jumping castle.
- The Waste Zone will highlight ways to turn your ‘rubbish’ into an asset.
- The RACQ Transport Zone will offer up sustainable commuting tips, including free bike safety checks, electric bikes and a virtual reality game for road safety.
- The first ever Queensland Urban Utilities Water Zone will be the place to learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about water.
- BrisStyle Markets will feature Brisbane’s best artisans showcasing their finest (and greenest) creations, including upcycled seatbelt bags, recycled jewelry, organic kids wear and sustainable homewares.
- Interactive art workshops featuring Australia’s largest creative re-use centre, Reverse Garbage Queensland, who’ll be running an interactive arts project to create cute critter pencil holders.
- Live music with The Rocket Sox and Pat Tierney.
- Sports for all ages with Little Kickers soccer and rugby drills for young kids and the Brisbane Paralympic Football Field.
The Green Heart Fair will be held at 7th Brigade Park (Chermside) on Sunday 4 June from 9am to 2pm. Entry is free.