Have a love for all things Italian? Be sure to get involved in some of this year’s Italian Week events being held around Brisbane — it’s sure to be fantastico.
From the catwalks of Milan to the Emerald Beaches of Sardinia and the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, immerse yourself in Italian culture this Italian Week.
Italian Week has been held in Queensland for nine years to celebrate Italy’s National Day. This is your chance to enjoy the best of what Italy has to offer right here in your own backyard, without even having to pay for a plane ticket.
The week long celebrations include various events all over the city, including an exciting Italian street festival at New Farm Park on Sunday 31 May.
This festival is perfect for the family, featuring delicious Italian food and wines, operas, bands, children’s activities, Italian cars and much more.
It’s sure to be a jam-packed day with close to 100 performers expected to entertain the crowds.
Other events throughout the week include:
- Italian photography exhibition by Stefania Zara Kleynendorst’s (Free Event)
- Story Bridge ‘Illumination’ in Italian national colours
- World Kitchen: A Taste of Italy (Free Event)
- Sicilian style cooking class with Chef Dominique Rizzo
- ‘Risotto, Gnocchi and Pasta – for people who still enjoy eating real food’ with Chef Dominique Rizzo
- ‘For the love of pasta…’
- Learn the secrets of making pasta with Donna, The Pasta Princess
- Pizza and Beer night
- Tuscan Tables Dinner
- Italian Style on the Magic Mile
- Mandolins in Brisbane celebrates La Dolce Vita (Free Event)
- ‘Aperitivo in Musica’ at the Dante for Italian Week
- Film screening of Si Parla Italiano at New Farm Cinema’s
- Film screening of Human Capital
- Film screening of Love it or Leave It
- The 10th Annual Italian Golf Classic
- Zachery and Nonno go to the Races (For Kids)
For more details about this event, visit our event guide.