Following a severe weather warning from the Bureau of Meteorology, the majority of tonight’s Wonder of Christmas activities planned for the CBD and South Bank have been cancelled.
A forecast storm for the Brisbane region is expected to have an adverse impact on tonight’s scheduled Christmas events.
The cancelled events include:
- Myer Christmas Parade (at Queen Street Mall, CBD)
- Myer Christmas Pantomime (at King George Square, CBD)
- The City Sounds Up Late (at Queen Street Mall stage, CBD)
- The South Bank Christmas Markets in Stanley Street Plaza
- The screening of Miracle on 34th Street as part of the Christmas Cinema Series at Streets Beach (Because of the damaging winds that are expected, the screen will be dismantled and protected for future Christmas Cinema Series screenings)
The Gold Lotto City Hall Light Spectacular WILL go ahead.
At this stage, all scheduled Wonder of Christmas events will continue tomorrow night (Friday 19 December).
For more information on the Wonder of Christmas program, head to visitbrisbane.com.au/christmas.
For the latest weather information, visit bom.gov.au.