Join the artist behind COLOUR: Mervyn Moriarty, A Retrospective Exhibition for an in-depth class on advanced colour theory. Participants’ own works will provide the basis of discussion around colour and will offer a starting point for colour studies and ‘colour stories’ to be developed in class. Participants will seek to reach improvements in aspects of colour relationship.
Participants will learn about:
– Hue dominance and variation
– Pitch between colours and seeking perfect pitch
– Tonal balance and considering the most suitable tone-key
– Use of light and luminosity
– Colour for story-telling and to define emotion
– Undercoats and top-coats to make your colours ‘sing’
– Colour tools – the plotter and colour wheel
Expressions of interest close at 5pm 29 August 2016.