Everybody knows there are no real losers at the Oscars, because every nominee takes home a lavish Academy Awards gift bag. This year, those bags will include a little piece of Brisbane.
In a real coup for the Brisbane beauty business, Lulu and Lipstick’s makeup brushes will be included in this year’s Oscars gift bags.
“The Oscars gift bags are filled with amazing brands and products from around the world and we couldn’t be more thrilled to be included,” says Lulu and Lipstick CEO Fleur Madden.
The likes of Jennifer Lawrence, Cate Blanchett, Rachel McAdams, Kate Winslet and Alicia Vikander will be among those to receive Lulu and Lipstick’s luxe Travel Brush Set when Hollywood’s elite gather on 28 February.
“When I was a little girl, I would get dressed up in formal wear to watch the Oscars every year,” Fleur says.
“I was such a fan. Sometimes I would even have on a fur coat in the February heat in Australia to mark the occasion, so this has special significance for me.
“At least my makeup brushes are making it to the Oscars, even if I am still watching from home!”
Fleur says the five-piece blush and gold Travel Brush Set that the nominees will receive has been a best seller since Lulu and Lipstick’s online store opened 15 months ago.
“We have been delighted with how Lulu and Lipstick has been received, and having Kate Winslet now own a set of our travel brushes is nothing short of amazing for a Brisbane-based business.”
According to Distinctive Assets, the company in charge of assembling the swag for the nominees, this year’s bags are valued at an insane $232,000 USD each.
The gift bags are billed as “a blend of fabulous, fun and functional items meant to thrill and pamper those who may have everything money can buy”, and will also include:
- A 10-day, first class trip to Israel valued at $78,000
- $64,000 worth of Audi A4 rentals
- A 15-day walking tour of Japan for two valued at $76,000
- Private training sessions with “celebrity wellness expert” Jay Cardiello worth $1,980
- A laser skin-tightening procedure by 740 Park MD valued at $7,823
- A lifetime supply of skin creams worth $44,140
- A Fit Club TV “Ultimate Fitness Package” worth $8,840, to be enjoyed in a private villa
- A Haze Dual V3 Vaporizer valued at $354
- A $2,688 Vampire Breast Lift, in which blood is drawn from the arm and inserted back into the breasts
- $425 worth of personalised M&Ms
- A roll of Joseph’s Toiletries luxury toilet paper valued at $389
So don’t feel too bad for Leo if he misses out on an Oscar again — at least he’ll have a $389 roll of toilet paper to console himself with.
If you had to choose, would you rather win an Oscar, or an Oscar gift bag? Have your say in the comments below!