The iconic Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show rocked down the runway this week, but there’s no need to fret if you didn’t manage to score a front row seat. Here are the five facts you need to know about the stylish event.
1. Candice Swanepoel wore the $10 million Fantasy Bra. The lingerie was designed by jewellers Mouawad and is worth four times more than last year’s. It consists of 4,200 rubies, diamonds and yellow sapphires handset in 18-carat gold with a 52-carat pear-shaped ruby hanging from the centre. Two security guards have four eyes on the bra at all times.
2. The work-out of choice for the angels leading up to the show was Ballet Beautiful, a series of exercises and stretches set to ballet music. Created by dancer Mary Helen Bowers to polish and sculpt her own form, Ballet Beautiful provides techniques to build and maintain the beauty, strength and grace of a ballerina.
3. A record 40 models walked the runway in the six themed sections: ‘British Invasion’, ‘Birds of Paradise’, ‘PINK Network’, ‘Parisian Nights’, ‘Shipwrecked’ and ‘Snow Angels’. The brand’s most recognizable faces were present in the likes of Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio,Lily Aldridge and Candice Swanepoel.
4. Taylor Swift, Neon Jungle, Fall Out Boy and A Great Big World provided entertainment during the runway show, with Swift in particular enjoying her time with the angels. The singer wore a sparkly mini-dress while performing her hit “I Knew You Were Trouble” and strutting down the catwalk with Lily Aldridge.
5. Lindsay Ellingson wore the first-ever 3-D printed costume to feature in the show – which made her look like a giant snowflake for the ‘Snow Angels’ segment.
Tell us, what are your favorite looks from the Victoria’s Secret show?