Are Cockroaches crawling out from the nooks and crannies around your home? Here’s our six tips to help you prevent cockroaches from making your home theirs.
You want your home to avoid invasion of every kind, including nasty cockroaches. These usually small but sometimes large insects creep out from hiding places all around your home and can give anyone a nasty fright. Instead of reaching for the bug spray use some of these helpful hints to rid your home of cockroaches forever.
Six tips to keep cockroaches at bay
- Turn off unnecessary appliances – cockroaches like to hide in warm, dark places.
- Keep your home clean, particularly your kitchen – thoroughly clean your home regularly.
- Don’t leave pet food or scraps in pet bowls.
- Seal cracks and opening in walls.
- Remove and water sources such as dripping taps. Cockroaches can live a month without food but only a week without water.
- Don’t leave garbage, newspapers, clutter or dirty dishes hanging around, no matter how neatly they are stacked.
Now you have taken care of the cockroaches why not keep your yard kid-friendly and follow these tips to keep your garden snake-free.
The Australian Cockroach is quite distinctive and easily recognized. To learn more visit www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_cockroach
Share with us your tips on DIY pest control – do you use natural pesticides, voodoo practices or plain old pest control?