The festive season is upon us and that means fun filled family and social gatherings around the dining room table.
Here are some five ideas to make your dining room sparkle.
1. Feature platters: Add a dash of personality to your plates and opt for a feature platter. Flamingos are the current flavor of the season so picks like this Amalfi Pretty Flamingo Platter are sure to be a hit with your guests.
2. Explore the great outdoors. It may be heating up outside but there is still time to drag your dining room table outdoors and use nature as your backdrop when hosting a meal.
3. Introduce colorful chairs: Want to spruce up your dining room before company comes over? Buying a new set of dining room chairs is a great way to give the room a whole different look without resorting to a full-blown renovation.
4. Food presentation: Don’t want to clog up your table with a whole lot of decorations when you’ve spent hours slaving over a hot stove? Make your treats part of the decoration by using colorful cake and cupcake stands.
5. Keep it light and bright: When in doubt go white. A table decorated with a white theme always looks clean and inviting. Keep your table looking chic by adding neutral touches like tan leather napkin holders, beige place-mats and white flowers.