Disney has begun gauging interest in a luxury resort experience in a galaxy far, far away — Florida.
When Star Wars Land opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019, it’s going to offer an immersive experience — but we didn’t realise just how immersive it could be.
Walt Disney World News Today reports that a survey has been sent to guests gauging their interest in a Star Wars hotel resort experience at Walt Disney World, most likely located in (or near) Star Wars Land, which would be made to look like you’re staying on a starship.
This is no idle speculation — the survey, which is being conducted by a contracted third party, includes concept art of the hotel and a number of details about what the experience would be like.
The all-inclusive, two-night resort experience would reportedly include:
- An immersive two-day ‘story’ set in the Star Wars universe.
- Interactions with Star Wars characters, with live performers throughout the ‘starship’.
- Flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalised secret missions.
- All meals during your stay, including buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinner shows.
- Exclusive admission to the Star Wars-themed land at Hollywood Studios.
- Star Wars-themed amenities including a pool area and water garden, fitness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid butlers.
Adding to the likelihood that the hotel is for real, aspects of the experience appear to have been teased by Disney in a video promoting Star Wars Land that aired at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando on the weekend.
According to the survey, the experience would be priced at roughly A$1,300 — not exactly cheap, but probably worth it for the Star Wars fan in your life.
Would you stay at the Star Wars-themed luxury resort, or are they asking for too many Republic credits? Have your say in the comments below!
You might also like…
Brisbane gets its own Star Wars celebration