Brazil’s idyllic Baia Do Sancho has once again taken top place as the best beach in the world, according to travel site TripAdvisor, thanks to its secluded location and crystal clear waters.
With 99 percent of TripAdvisor reviewers giving the picturesque Baia Do Sancho beach a thumbs up along with shining reviews, it’s hard to fault Brazil’s pristine sands.
The beach provides the perfect spot for snorkelling, with many reviewers commenting on the abundance of marine life and clarity of the water.
With access to the beach limited to boat or 15-20 minute trek, it is unlikely the beach is to be overrun with holidaymakers anytime soon.
Of course, our island home didn’t miss a mention, with Whitehaven Beach on the Whitsunday Islands taking out #9 in the world, and also topping TripAdvisor’s list of Australia’s best beaches for the third year in a row.
The world’s best beaches for 2015
- Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
- Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
- Playa Paraiso Beach, Cayo Largo, Cuba
- Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
- Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
- White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
- Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
- Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Greece
To view the top rated beaches in the world by region, check out Tripadvisor.