Make a great escape to the country and take part in one of Australia’s finest traditions.
The famed Dirranbandi Show will celebrate its 95th year in 2017, and this is your chance to be part of it.
Sitting on the Castlereagh Highway and the Balonne River in South West Queensland, Dirranbandi is best known for its thriving cotton fields and cattle farms — but once a year, the community gets together to let down its hair for the Dirranbandi Show, a legendary weekend filled with fun, food and entertainment.
To celebrate this year’s event, which will be held from Friday 21 to Sunday 23 April, the Dirranbandi Show Society is teaming up with Cubbie Station to offer an all-inclusive Great Escape Package.
The fantastic package includes:
- Alliance Airlines flights to nearby St George Airport (and return flights to Brisbane).
- A visit to Cubbie Station to see how cotton is picked and processed at the largest irrigated farm in the Southern Hemisphere.
- A trip to the historic border town of Hebel, where you’ll enjoy a beer with the locals.
- A wine tasting at Queensland’s most western winery, the Riversands Winery at St George, where you’ll try delicious fortified muscats and ports and hear stories of local legends, from pioneering wine growers to famous fighter pilots.
- Tickets to the 95th Dirranbandi Show and concert, featuring performances by the Sugar Daddies, Jody Direen, Kevin Bennett, Seleen McAlistar and Golden Guitar and ARIA Award-winning icon Troy Cassar-Daley!
The package costs $899 per person for a single room,or $849 per person twin share. Proceeds will directly benefit various community projects with a focus on youth welfare in 2017.
We’ll see you in the country!