Nominations are now open again for the Barardos Mother of the Year 2014.
Is your mum exceptional? Does she do a lot of charity work? Help out with sports teams? Taught you how to ride a bike? Is she just the best all round mum ever? Mother’s day is only once a year and our Mum’s deserve to be recognised every day, especially with Christmas coming up which can be such a stressful time for parents,
Barnardos Mother of the Year 2014 is the only national awards that recognize and celebrate motherhood. Nominations opened on 1 December and close on 14 February 2014. Barnardos want to recognise any inspirational mums around Australia so you can nominate your own mum whether she is your birth, adoptive, step, or foster. The other option is to nominate any mum you know like your wife, partner, sister, daughter, aunty or friend.
The Barnardos Mother of the year competition has been running for 19 years and is now considered the highest honour for mothers across Australia. Manisha Amin, head of Marketing and Fundraising for Barnardos Australia believes exceptional mothers deserve to be recognised.
“We believe great mothers deserve to be recognised and celebrated for the enormous contribution they make in shaping Australia’s future by providing a safe environment and nurturing children to help them realise their full potential.”
A healthy happy home is so important and is becoming harder to maintain, it is so important that children feel loved and mothers are such an important person in a child’s life.
“Mothers are vital to children’s lives, the power of a mother’s love can never be underestimated,” Amin said.
So if you go to the trouble of nominating a deserving mum what will they get? Well beside the pride from being nominated, the prizes are fairly extensive check them out below.
The winner of Barnardos Mother of the Year 2014 will receive:
- $1000 ALDI gift voucher*
- Three night Captain Cook Cruise Murray Princess River Cruise for two people.
- Plus more prizes to be announced..
There are also individual State and territory winners that will receive:
- A trip to Sydney for the winner and their nominator, including flights, transfers, accommodation and entertainment.
- Invitation to the National Announcement Luncheon for the winner and their nominator.
- Captain Cook Sydney Harbour Sightseeing Cruise for winner and their nominator whilst in Sydney for the National Announcement Luncheon.
- Magdelena Photography portraiture package to be utilised whilst in Sydney for the National Announcement Luncheon.
- Plus more prizes to be announced…
If you know a great mum head to the Mother of the Year website and nominate, its quick and easy and it is a great way to say thank you to mums across Australia.