Thanks to San Remo for this delicious couscous recipe!
Couscous is a nutritious and family-friendly alternative to pasta. San Remo‘s recipe incorporates a range of flavours such as paprika, cinnamon, bay leaves and more.
2 cups San Remo Wholemeal CousCous
3 cups boiling water
20g softened butter
500g pumpkin cut into 1cm cubes
2 shallots sliced into 1cm long pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of saffron
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 bay leaves
Salt & pepper
4 rashers streaky bacon, rind removed
To garnish, fresh baby rocket leaves and toasted pine nuts
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cook CousCous as per pack directions.
3. Place the pumpkin and shallots in a roasting pan with the olive oil, saffron, paprika, cinnamon and bay leaves. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for around 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Grill the bacon until golden. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
5. Remove the pumpkin and shallots from the oven and combine with the CousCous. Be sure to include the pan juices. Remove the bay leaves.
6. Shred the bacon.
7. To serve place the CousCous onto plates and drizzle with a little light olive oil. Top with the shredded bacon, toasted pine nuts and fresh rocket.
Prep time: 10min • Cook time: 20min