Summer is almost over and the wet weather is setting in – so warm up with this white chocolate bread pudding tonight.
Bread pudding is a family-friendly classic and easy enough to put together in the evening. Recipe thanks to Dilmah
2 bags Dilmah Rose with Vanilla Exceptional Tea (or your favourite flavour)
200 g white chocolate
375 ml cream
¼ cup castor/superfine sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 loaf brioche bread, cut into slices
50 g softened butter
100 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
1 tbsp demerara or raw sugar
Icing sugar for dusting
- The cream can be prepared hours before or even kept overnight. Bring cream nearly to a boil and place the tea bags in the cream. Set aside to cool.
- When cool squeeze the bags and throw them away. Use the cream immediately or store in a container until needed.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease ovenproof dish with butter.
- Heat chocolate and cream over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until well combined. Spread bread with softened butter and place in casserole dish.
- Combine egg mixture and chocolate mixture and pour over bread. Add raspberries on top. Sprinkle with demerara (or raw) sugar. Let stand for ten minutes for the bread to soak up the custard.
- Place in the oven in a water bath halfway up the side of the casserole dish and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and just set. Dust with icing sugar before serving warm.
Prep time: 20min • Cook time: 60min