This recipe is best prepared in a slow-cooker – once ready, serve on a bed of warm rice with fresh crusty bread.
Are you a fan of this spicy recipe? Share with your friends on Facebook!
1 tbsp oil
1kg chicken thighs, skin removed
1 onion, finely chopped
3 x 410g cans crushed tomatoes
4 heaped tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
Rice and crusty bread for serving
1. Cook chicken thighs in batches until the outside is browned. Inside can still be raw.
2. Place chicken in cold slow cooker.
3. Place all other ingredients in slow cooker, stir to combine.
4. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat (time dependant on cooker).
5. Stir towards end of cooking to breakup and shred meat.