These fruit & ricotta triangles are great for a road trip or camping holiday – simply assemble in advance and heat before serving.
Are you a fan of this recipe for ricotta triangles? Share with your friends on Facebook!
8 slices spicy fruit or raisin loaf
250g ricotta cheese
2 tsp grated orange rind
1 tbsp orange juice
60g butter, melted
300ml light cooking cream OR
1 cup brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix together ricotta, sugar, orange rind and juice till smooth.
2. Spread mixture evenly over each fruit or raisin loaf slice.
3. Sandwich slices together, pressing each together firmly, making four sandwiches.
4. Cut each sandwich crosswise to give you two triangles.
5. Brush each with a little melted butter and place on a heated BBQ or campfire cooking plate.
6. Cook until heated through, turning once.
7. To prepare caramel sauce; combine all ingredients together in a saucepan and heat on BBQ or campfire cooking plate, stirring until melted and well combined.
8. Simmer gently, uncovered for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.