Chef Paul Field from Shangri La Gardens, Wynnum West, dishes up exquisite seared scallops – Queensland Summer on a plate
Gourmet sand crab & avocado with seared scallops, thanks to Chef Paul Field.
- 2 cooked sand crabs, meat removed & roughly shredded
- 12 half shell scallops
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 100ml mayonnaise
- 1 roasted capsicum in oil, from a jar is fine
- Seaweed, finely sliced & fried
- Small handful of micro herbs, to garnish
- Good olive oil, to finish
- Salt & pepper
- Combine the avocado and chilli with a squeeze of lime & half the mayonnaise. Season to taste with sea salt.
- Mix the sand crab with the remaining mayonnaise. Season with a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the avocado mixture in a circle on each plate.
- Place the crab mixture on top.
- Sear the scallops in a very hot skillet, to medium/rare.Place 3 scallops on each plate.
- Place a small amount of the roasted capsicum between each of the scallops.Do the same with the micro herbs.
- Top the sand crab with the seaweed. Drizzle a little olive oil & lime over the dish & serve.