Succulent Roast Turkey recipe – thanks to ALDI
This Roast Turkey is succulent and moist – and doesn’t require gravy to taste good! A recipe for those looking for an alternative to ham or chicken this Christmas, and it’ll taste like how Mum used to make it. Thanks to ALDI!
120g Beautifully Butterfly unsalted butter
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
Broak Oak Farm Whole Fresh Turkey
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the zest and juice of the lemon and the chopped thyme leaves to the butter. Set aside.
- Wash the turkey, inside and out and pat dry with paper towel. Remove any excess fat.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan. Using your hands, rub the butter mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Here you have the option of stuffing your turkey (see recipe below).
- Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan. Roast the turkey for about 2.5 hours, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Take the turkey out of the oven and cover with aluminium foil to rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
Prep time: 15min • Cook time: 150min