Pumpkin season is in full swing so make a big batch of our sweet-flavoured soup, then dress it up with dukkah for a warming dinner…
Are you a fan of HELPERS pumpkin soup recipe? Share on Facebook!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.2 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable stock
- Dollop of natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove
- Turkish bread, extra virgin olive oil and dukkah, to serve
- Spice up the base: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add cumin and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Simmer the soup: Add pumpkin and stir to coat. Add stock. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve it up: Cut Turkish bread in half and cook on a chargrill until golden. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and rub with the cut side of a garlic clove. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of natural yoghurt. Sprinkle with dukkah. Serve with the bread.