As we hesitantly welcome in the winter months, keep yourself warm with this pumpkin and chickpea satay recipe…
Are you a fan of this satay recipe? Share on Facebook!
For further information visit: www.sydney.chiphealth.org.au
- ¼ cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 long red chili pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 700g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup low-sodium liquid vegetable broth/stock
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ⅓ cup crunchy natural peanut butter (no-added-salt or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 60g baby spinach leaves
1. Heat water in a large saucepan, then add onion and cook for 4–5 minutes until soft. Add garlic, ginger and chili and cook for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally.
2. Add pumpkin and stir to combine. Pour in coconut milk and stock, and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 8–10 minutes until pumpkin is just cooked.
3. Add cauliflower, cover and cook for 3–4 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and chickpeas. Stir to combine and heat through. Stir in coriander and baby spinach leaves
Prep time: 25min • Cook time: 25min