Challenge yourself and cook a whole barbecued salmon! Accompanied with flavours such as oregano, turmeric and paprika.
- 1 x 3.5 kg whole salmon
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 cup dill sprigs (plus extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Adobo Seco (dry rub)
- 3 tablespoons salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
Combine the ingredients well and store in an air tight container.
- Make sure the salmon is cleaned and scaled. Rinse well in cold water and dry with kitchen paper. Make eight deep cuts on both sides of the salmon and fill the belly cavity with the lemon slices, garlic and dill.
- Place onto an oven tray and pre heat a hooded barbecue on high for 10 minutes.
- Combine two tablespoons of the adobo seco with the olive oil and brush all over the salmon.
- Barbecue at 175°C with the hood down for 40 minutes or until just cooked in the centre.
- Present on a platter garnished with fresh dill sprigs.
Prep time: 10min • Cook time: 40min