To celebrate Healthy Weight Week, the DAA have released a bunch of healthy meal tips, including this recipe for prawn & mango salad!
Prawn and mango salad
- 24 large peeled and deveined prawns
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded and diced
- 2 punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 mango, flesh removed and diced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, torn
- Small handful coriander leaves, torn
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice of two limes
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Small handful coriander roots, stems and leaves,
- roughly chopped
- To make the nahm jim, stir fish sauce, brown sugar and lime juice together until sugar dissolves. Stir through garlic, chilli and coriander.
- Pour half of the nahm jim onto the prawns and stir to briefly marinate the prawns. Reserve remaining nahm jim for serving.
- Combine cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, mango, shallot, mint and coriander in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns, and cook for 30–60 seconds each side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Divide salad between serving plates and top with prawns. Spoon remaining nahm jim over the top.