Autumn has arrived, and to celebrate, Poh Ling Yeow from Masterchef has provided bmag with tasty persimmon-inspired recipes!
Are you a fan of this persimmon & smoked chicken salad? Share with your friends on Facebook!
- 400g smoked chicken breasts, 3mm slices
- 130g baby cos lettuce
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 3 stalks spring onions
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends snapped off, sliced diagonally 3cm pieces
- 2 sweet persimmons, peeled, sliced into wedges
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp of seeded mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and squashed under the flat side of a knife
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- To toast hazelnuts, place nuts in a small frypan and dry toast on medium heat, stirring or tossing continually for about 5-8 minutes or until the skins start to flake off and the nuts smell fragrant. Transfer immediately onto a clean tea towel and rub until the skins come off.
- Place asparagus in a medium bowl. Pour freshly boiled water over the spears and cover for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- To assemble salad, lay a bed of cos lettuce on the bottom of your plate then layer the remaining ingredients.
- To make dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a clean glass jar, shake, pour over salad.