This amazing and simple savoury tart recipe is from co-owner of Visco Selected Fine Foods experienced entertainer and passionate home cook Annalisa Tortora.
This delicious savoury tart is simple to make and is perfect to serve to guests over the Christmas break. Great to share with some delicious drinks on a breezy afternoon or could even be a brunch treat on Christmas day.
- Flake or puff pastry sheets (good quality store bought is fine)
- 200g grated pecorino cheese (Sardo or Romano or a blend of both)
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Butter for greasing flan dish
- Line a greased flan dish or dish of your choice with puff pastry
- Slice the boiled potatoes and place around the base of the pastry and set aside
- Whip together very well the eggs, slowly adding in the grated cheese
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the potatoes
- Crack the pepper over the pie and top with a little extra grated pecorino
- Bake Until firm and golden at 180°C
- Cool, Slice and serve
Special tip: Blind bake pastry before filling just until it starts to rise and appears like it's drying