Combine low-calorie mushrooms, fresh prawns and the convenience of pancakes we all know and love, to create this quick and simple dish.
Makes 16 small or 4 large pancakes
- 200g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 100g enoki mushrooms, trimmed, separated
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 200g green prawn meat, finely chopped
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cold water
- Pinch salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise*
- 2 tblspns salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions (shallots), finely sliced
*Japanese mayonnaise is available from the Asian grocery section of supermarkets or Asian grocery stores.
Place mushrooms, cabbage and prawn meat in large bowl. Sift flour over mushroom and cabbage mixture and toss gently to coat evenly with flour. Add eggs, milk and water, stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat barbecue plate to medium-high and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Scoop quarter cup measures of mushroom mixture onto the barbecue plate to form eight small pancakes.
Barbecue for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
To serve, top each pancake with a teaspoon of mayonnaise, drizzle with soy sauce and garnish with green onions.