A tasty way to enjoy lamb this Easter, from Mark Sargeant’s Simply Beef and Lamb series…
Are you a fan of this lamb chops recipe? Share on Facebook!
- 4 lean lamb cutlets or chops
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- Juice of 1/2 a small lemon
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 300gm fresh broad beans (podded) or 900g fresh whole broad beans
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped mint
In a shallow bowl, mix together the rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, oil and seasoning. Spread over the chops on both sides. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Heat a griddle pan until hot. Remove any excess marinade from the chops and cook for six to eight minutes on each side. Alternatively, cook the chops on a prepared barbecue. Transfer the chops to a warm plate.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the beans, reduce the heat and cook for three to four minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until the beans are cool enough to handle, then remove the tough outer layer of each bean.
Return the beans to the pan, heat slightly and crush with a potato masher. Remove from the heat, season and stir through the creme fraiche and mint. Spoon the crushed beans onto a large warm plate, arrange the chops on top, then serve immediately. Serves 2.