Coinciding with our current features on macadamias and the benefits of Mediterranean diets, enjoy the best of both worlds with these gorgeous muffins…
Are you a fan of these muffins? Share with your friends on Facebook!
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup macadamias, roasted and roughly chopped
- 100ml macadamia oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 100g parmesan cheese, grated
- 100g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons, finely chopped rosemary leaves
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- 12 thin slices roasted capsicum, extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan-forced. Lightly grease a 12-muffin, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan or line with muffin cases.
- Place the flour and macadamias into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour oil, egg and milk into a jug and stir until combined. Pour into the flour well and stir until almost combined.
- Add the cheese, prosciutto, roasted capsicum and rosemary and fold through. Spoon into the muffin holes, garnish with rosemary sprigs and a slice of capsicum.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.