This french toast recipe is a sweet breakfast treat any day of the week – indulge and enjoy your morning!
French toast makes for a sweet indulgent breakfast perfect for those special occasions. Think birthdays, long weekends or just when you feel you deserve a treat.
This recipe is quick and easy and the end result is simply divine.
Love cooking up a great breakfast? Try these lemon and ricotta pancakes are another delicious breakfast option.
4 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence (or split vanilla bean)
Pinch of salt.
4 slices of stale bread.
dab of butter for the pan.
½ punnet of blue berries
½ cup frozen strawberries (or fresh)
½ cup frozen raspberries (or fresh)
½ cup water
2 tablespoon castor sugar
200ml double or pure cream
Mint leaves & icing sugar to garnish.
• In a small bowl mix the broken eggs, sugar, milk vanilla & salt with a fork.
• Cut the bread into triangles. Place the bread in the egg mixture and soak for about 5 minutes and make sure the bread is well soaked and absorbs the liquid
• Heat the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Fry the bread on both sides for a minute until crisp and golden
• Serve it up with a spoon full of red berry coulis, a few blue berries and a dob of cream and a mint leaf with a shake of icing sugar.
• For the red berry coulis; 1 cup of berries; ½ cup water ; 1 tablespoon sugar blended together until fine.