Serve these lentil and sesame rissoles on a whole grain burger bun with fresh salad for a healthy lunch…
Are you a fan of these sesame rissoles? Share the recipe on Facebook!
For further information on CHIP Health, visit their website.
- 4 cups cooked brown lentils
- ¼ cup water or 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups diced mushrooms
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (GF) (optional)
- 1½ cups dried bread or rice crumbs
- ½ cup sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C
2. Sauté onion and garlic in water until soft and slightly brown, then add the diced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms start to brown.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked lentils, onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Add tomatoes, walnuts, tomato paste, carrot, curry powder, cumin and soy sauce and mix well. Add 1 cup of bread/rice crumbs and combine.
4. Combine remaining bread/rice crumbs with sesame seeds in a separate bowl.
5. Divide mixture into ¼ cup-sized balls, flatten and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
6. Line a baking sheet/tray with baking paper/parchment or spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place patties on tray and bake with broil/grill element on for approximately 6 minutes on each side. Turn broil/grill element off and bake in oven for a further 5–8 minutes.
Prep time: 45min • Cook time: 20min