Make a tasty change to your sausage rolls this Australia Day using iconic Aussie ingredients! Recipe credit to Australian Macadamias.
Sausage rolls can be much more than the packet from the local corner store. Go gourmet with your sausage rolls this Australia Day!
500g lamb sausage mince or remove the meat from lamb sausages
1/2 brown onion, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 zucchini, grated
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 stick celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup macadamias, toasted and coarsely chopped
salt and pepper
2 sheets puff pastry, cut in half
sesame seeds for sprinkling
1 egg, (extra) lightly whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan-forced. Line baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients, except the pastry, extra egg and sesame seeds into a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and using your hands massage the ingredients together.
- Place the lamb mixture along the long edge of the pastry half and brush the other edge with egg wash and roll to enclose leaving the ends open. Cut into half and place onto prepared trays.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
• Cook time: 25min