All the colours of Italy on a dish, with the delicious addition of hot smoked salmon paired with Italian bread.
- 250g Italian bread (torn into small chunks)
- 30 ml extra virgin olive
- 1 x 150g Huon hot smoked salmon (broken into pieces)
- ½ punnet baby roma tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 small cucumber (peeled and diced)
- ½ red capsicum (diced)
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons baby capers
- 1 tablespoon torn basil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley (roughly chopped)
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Combine the torn bread with the olive oil and bake in the oven for 12 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove and cool then place aside. Combine in a bowl the garlic, vinegar, olive oil and seasoning. Fold in all the remaining ingredients and serve.
Prep time: 10min • Cook time: 12min