The ultimate, indulgent brownie recipe combining seasonal raspberries and dark chocolate – we can’t promise it’s guilt-free!
There’s no better dessert combination than chocolate with berries, especially when it’s a moist brownie. A dessert to impress – thanks to Australian Berries!
240g dark chocolate
250g unsalted butter, chopped
4 eggs, lightly whisked
1½ cups (330g) brown sugar
1¼ (185g) plain flour, sifted
¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup (125ml) thickened cream
200g dark eating chocolate, chopped
250g raspberries, to decorate
To make the brownie:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly spray a 20cm round spring-form cake tin with oil. Line the base and sides with baking paper.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Whisk eggs into chocolate mixture until combined.
4. Place the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth and combined. Fold through the berries.
5. Pour batter into cake tin and bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to cooling rack.
To make topping:
1. Bring cream to a gentle boil in a small pan over a medium heat, take off heat and add chocolate, stir well to combine.
2. Pour over brownie, then spread it to cover surface entirely, allowing it to drip down the sides. Decorate with raspberries.
Tip: Turn the cooled brownie upside down onto a cooling rack or plate before pouring over chocolate topping to ensure a flat top for decorating.
Prep time: 15min • Cook time: 50min