This salmon curry laksa recipe combines pepper, turmeric, paprika and oregano.
- 3 HUON Fresh Salmon fillets, skinned and boned, cut into 4cm pieces
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- ½ cup purchased laksa paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 stem lemongrass, pale section only, bruised
- 150g snow peas (stem removed)
- 1 bunch buk choy (quartered)
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 150g bean sprouts, trimmed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Fresh chilli and lime wedges to serve
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water, set aside for 5 minutes. Separate noodles with a fork. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a wok, over medium heat. Add the Laksa paste and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until aromatic. Add the stock, coconut milk and lemongrass. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Huon salmon to the stock mixture and simmer for 3 minutes o until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork in the thickest part. Add snow peas and buk choy in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Stir in the lime juice and remove the lemon grass.
- Divide the noodles and bean sprouts among the serving bowls. Pour over the coconut milk mixture and sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately with chilli and lime wedges.
Tip: Substitute with hot smoked salmon if desired.